Tuesday, August 21, 2007

new kid on the block



the sun is shining again but all i can think about is fall. i can't wait for turtlenecks and wool socks, leaves crunching underfoot. i am also obsessing over new fabric. i have picked some 'fall-ish' fabric for some new elephants for september. i love the texture of the tweed and the soft camel colored wool is such a perfect neutral. i have also ordered some new fabrics that will hopefully be arriving in a week or so. can't wait- so good!

i am still hoping to introduce a new little fella very soon, but it is taking a little longer than expected. i have so many ideas swirling around but when it comes down to cutting, i find myself just making another elephant. i'm sure it will come, in time.

2 comments:

Fern Animals said...

I also love the colors of fall! I was just writing about how excited I am for the cooler weather, too.

Your animals are really amazing! I love them! You are the first handmade artist I have found that makes animals as small as mine that are actually really great. I can't wait to see the new little one that you are working on. Yours is a new blog that i will be checking in on...

kate said...

thanks so much fern - it really means alot to me to hear such nice feedback! especially when it comes from someone whose work i admire.