Friday, April 4, 2008

best intentions



this is my 'currently reading' pile. it is somewhat unfair to say current for some of these books, since i know i started a couple of them last year.

please tell me i am not the only one who constantly starts a book and then has the urge to buy another, only to start that and then abandon that one too. it's a vicious cycle. i have forbidden myself from buying one more book until i can complete at least half of this pile. which i'm sure won't be too hard, since we're going on vacation in a few weeks.

5 comments:

leslie said...

oh, i, too, am guilty. shoot. is that 'the memory keeper's daughter' in the stack? i am reading that right now. and i think it's good. you should give it a second chance. for sure.

tygrr said...

I do the same thing. I think it's just the love of books whether you've read them or not. Plus then you can always say "oh yeah, I have that book."

maritza said...

I do something like that too. I don't pick up another book until I finish whatever I am reading at the moment, but I do end up bringing more books home and adding them to that "to-read" pile until it is totteringly tall.

Procrastamom said...

My "to read" pile looks just like that (actually, I had to look twice as I just took a picture of mine the other day and they're eerily similar). I just finished Water for Elephants and it's a must read. Really, really good. Also finished the Memory Keeper's Daughter recently and that was good too. I love getting book recommendations from other bloggers...that's what builds my to read pile.

kt said...

Oooh, Water for Elephants.

Loved it. Have already RE-read it.

Simply elegant writing and a grabber of a story.

I'll be interested in what you think of it...