Friday, December 19, 2008
well, we weren't going to have a tree this year. we normally get a real tree but since we are headed out of town for the holidays, we decided we shouldn't bother. i, however, couldn't do it. i simply had to decorate just a little for christmas. i followed (read-copied) anabela and made my way to urban outfitters for my 3 foot white tinsel tree and ornaments at 30% off. perfect. the tree was up and decorated in a record 20 minutes. i think it looks pretty cute. (you can always click on the photos for a better look)
i found this sweet little vintage glass owl (i love owls) ornament in fort langley this summer, so it made it's way onto our wee tree.
the top looked a little bare, so i made a simple star out of a few pipe cleaners. done.
i hope all of you have a very happy christmas and holiday season! take care of yourselves and i will see you here when i get back in a week or so!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
i FINALLY busted out my print gocco and made some holiday cards. a simple pine branch of dark brown and green with a small metalic gold pinecone. i was a little nervous to use it, because i didn't have any english instructions and was afraid i would do something to break it. well, it was way easier to use then i had thought! i simply drew my design freehand with the carbon pen provided, made my master screen, inked up and started printing. so easy. now i want to gocco everything i see.
(props go out to this tutorial. if it wasn't around, i probably would have broken the gocco. and my heart.)
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
how pretty is this? jenny lee fowler is a silhouette artist who does custom silhouettes and papercuttings. they are so pretty! i especially love the ones done with birch bark and leaves- what a nice twist.
i attempted to make my own silhouette of our dog sara a few years ago. i guess it isn't considered traditional since i painted it, but still i was happy with how it turned out.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
okay. so i was tagged by the sweet miss becka a long, long time ago (october) and i am finally feeling brave enough to reveal six facts about myself. here i go:
1) i love popcorn. and cheese. and eggs. i could (and do, for the most part) eat a little of each, every day.
2) i am very flexible and have been since i was a little girl. i'm talking doing the splits each way, up against a wall, legs behind head, wrapping around body kind of way. my knees hyper-extend backwards and my elbows do too. i had to be taken to the doctor alot as a kid when they would lock like that. i know. big nerd, right?
3) i have a nap almost everyday. even when i worked in an office, i would come home and have a 1/2 hour nap. i love them and think they make you live longer and be healthier and happier.
4) 'jaws' was the first non-cartoon movie i saw when i was about 5 and i loved it. i watched it all the time. it is in my top 5 favorite movies ever and i quote it alot.
5) i never drank from a bottle as a baby, but i started to drink from a straw at 6 months. (that sounds dangerous as i type this, but my mom watched me as i figured it out quickly) i always have straws with me, just in case. it's still my favorite way to drink something. unless it's beer or wine.
6) i don't like different foods on my plate touching. like at thanksgiving, my plate looks like a clock, with a small heap of each different food where the numbers would be.
so there you have it. some facts about me. if you're still here and don't think i'm totally strange, thanks! so now i'm supposed to tag 6 people, so kristin, leslie, anabela, rob, jenny and kirsten- you're it! and here are the rules:
• link to the person who tagged you.
• mention the rules.
• tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
• tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
• go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them know they've been tagged.