Wednesday, April 22, 2009

phew!


okay, i need a shower now. too much information? perhaps. but i just worked up a sweat completing my very first bunting banner!!! i wanted to make one for the upcoming craft fair that i am in. so i went for it. i even made my own bias binding. (i hope i'm getting all of these terms right) the reason this is such a big deal for me is because i am not a sewer.



i just started to teach myself how to sew a couple of years ago, so this was a bit of a challenge for me. if you look closely, it's certainly not perfect, but i'm happy with how it turned out. especially considering that i did everything freehand. (except i used a really handy tool from dressew to help make the binding)




now the thought of starting a (small) quilt doesn't seem quite so daunting.

9 comments:

kristin said...

it's perfect, kate! super cute.

Justina said...

You have way more patience than I could ever hope to possess. The banner looks great!

anabela / fieldguided said...

It looks wonderful!

becka said...

I love it! You've done an amazing job!

Claudia said...

it's so cute...anyway perfect is boring!!!

leslie said...

kate. i like it. you should use it as a new banne for your blog. so cute.

kirsten said...

it's great! i love it!

kate said...

thanks ladies!

leslie- yes, i had planned on using it for my blog banner but i just need to shoot it a bit differently.

i may be addicted to these now.

Amy said...

I think you should add these to your etsy shop!! They are so cute!