Tuesday, May 5, 2009

so much fun


as the title says, the show on sunday was so much fun! being my first, i was extremely nervous beforehand. (which is why i only took a couple of shots two minutes before the doors opened, ugh, i'm still irritated i did that) so far, i've gotten used to simply popping my animals in the mail and chatting about them through email. being anonymous has felt safe to me so this was definitely pushing me out of my comfort zone.


but once the doors opened and i was settled in (and stopped sweating) i was able to relax and enjoy the experience. it was so nice to meet so many new people!! it was also a treat to meet some lovely ladies (hi ella, becka, sam) who i have gotten to know through flickr or blogging, or some just through admiring their work. on top of it all, i made out with some pretty sweet loot. some purchased, some swapped, but all really loved.


(please see more pics on my flickr and for info on where to buy)

thank you to everyone who came out and stopped to look, or took an animal home or smiled and said hi. it really made my day! and a big thank you goes out to andrea and rob who did a great job organizing an event like this. thanks guys!!

4 comments:

anabela / fieldguided said...

It looks wonderful! What a beautiful set up you had! And oh the loot you picked up. I love the hoop! Congrats, congrats!

kirsten said...

oh...i am so sad to have missed it. i would have loved to put a face to a name...next time. glad you had fun!

sloeginfizz said...

I just signed on to do my first show today and thought of your earlier post abut being nervous. I was going to come back and send a message to see how it went and was happy to find this post. Glad it went so well.
And I love the banner you made for the table!

Robe said...

Congrats Kate - You did a great job on Sunday. I'd never have guessed you were nervous - you looked like you were in your element!