Wednesday, November 18, 2009

oh martha.


okay, this is the year that i bake a cake. i have no memory whatsoever of ever baking a cake. i've baked cookies and brownies. banana bread and cornbread (which was a disaster) and i tried once to make some maple syrup scones (again, another disaster. they were so hard my husband threw one on our concrete floor and it didn't break. not even a crumble.)


but after picking up the holiday sweets issue, i am so tempted, so inspired...... i think i'm going to try it.


how can i not? i mean seriously, logs? pinecones? penguins?



MUSHROOMS? so good. i love all of them. although i do realize that i should probably start with duncan hines and work my way up to meringue mushrooms.......


and marzipan penguins.

7 comments:

Heather Cameron said...

wow, you're really jumping in big for your first cake!! Bravo to you. I love this log cake and the mushrooms. I may try this one too. Maybe we should do it together with Janis when you get back - surely the three of us could get one part right..

Pinecone Camp said...

That's insane! Sweet Jesus. Martha is nuts. Love the cakes though! Let's have a bake-in one afternoon....I'm sure we could get it right;)

kate / tinywarbler said...

sounds fun! i'm sure if i attempted any of these by myself i would have a meltdown.
did i mention that the gingerbread house is cake-all the way through!- not just a hard shell of a house. awesome!!!!!

sad marshmallow said...

egads! the mushroom cake is adorable!!!!!!!!!!

kirsten said...

ohhh...i always look forward to the holiday issue of martha. it inspires me too. happy baking!

Amanda {Mocking Bird} said...

I bough it with the same intentions.
I'm a terrible cook, so fingers crossed.
Good luck!

cabin + cub said...

It was great meeting you at Toque over the weekend! I have always loved your line... always see it when I am at Room6.... so very cool to finally meet the face behind it! Will see you next week at Got Craft! :)