Tuesday, December 22, 2009

solstice

last night we travelled into chinatown to go to the lantern festival at the sun yat sen gardens put on by the secret lantern society.


it was my first year going and it was so pretty! a little busy for me, but still very pretty. (it's too bad it couldn't last a few nights so you could take your time looking at each lantern instead of being carried by the crowd, or loosing your partner).


the lanterns were incredible- a far cry from the star lantern i had made years ago. (although there were some star lanterns there, they were much better then mine!)


this was the only shot i took that was close to being in focus.

2 comments:

Pinecone Camp said...

I'm happy you posted some pics of this event Kate! You know how it was for me....must forget how it all ended. I was Miss Cranky Pants. I've been many times...it's so pretty. Happy it stopped raining.

becka said...

Oh wow, I wish I had known about this! How beautiful! Next year, for sure :) I hope you're having a lovely and restful christmas!