Wednesday, May 26, 2010

well that was quick.


i finished this quilt posthaste since the baby shower it was going to was bumped up by about a month. i'm very happy with how it turned out! my friend (who commissioned the quilt) picked out the fabrics with me and they are both welcoming and soothing for a new little girl. gotta love that amy butler!


this quilt is very similar to the one i made for baby scarlet although the color palette has changed and i switched up how i did the back. i still went with my own pattern, i think this qualifies as a sort of coin quilt, and i'm hoping to hone it a little each time i use it. i hope it keeps baby olivia cozy and happy!



ps- thank you for all of your words of support! it really helps when you are tackling something that is still new, this is my third quilt! and for those that think they can't sew or make one, i am certain you can. i can't really sew either! the fun is in the doing. trust me. go for it.

9 comments:

myredbike said...

What a soft and sweet quilt! Glad to hear that you had fun making it.

kate / tinywarbler said...

hi holly, thank you! and thank you for the heads up about the quilting guild. i have to double check my calendar (june is busy for me) but i will do my best to make it there!

kristin said...

beautiful!

lesley [smidgebox] said...

ooh, looks great kate! love the fabrics. is that some kei honeycomb dot i see there? i need to get more in grey :)

kirsten said...

ohhhh...just gorgeous. you did a fantastic job. i'm sure it will be treasured forever. p.s. hope you have been well!

Missing Goat said...

Beautiful Kate! I'd never let a baby use it, I'd hang it up on the wall.

Pinecone Camp said...

Kate, you outdid yourself! I love the colours and fabrics you chose. Baby will adore it, I'm sure!

Dandelion and Grey said...

This is the sweetest quilt I've ever seen! I love the colors!

the southern hostess said...

This is beyond darling!