Monday, March 7, 2011

growing


i've really been enjoying watching my orchids re-bloom over the last few weeks.



i've had the small orchid for at least 3 years now. a gift from a sweet friend.



i'm truly shocked they keep coming back each year, since all i do is water them once a week. that's it. and cut the stalk back once the blossoms are gone. i hope that's what you're supposed to do, cause i am.

is there a trick to make them rebloom twice a year or am i pushing my luck? i like the pop of color in an all white bathroom.

4 comments:

Diana said...

They're so pretty! I wish I had the patience and know-how to care for an orchid. And also cats that wouldn't eat them.

Claudia said...

Oh, you are good! Having an orchid is part of my "do before I die" list ;) You make it look so simple...I might do it this summer!!!

Pinecone Camp said...

I still can't believe you brought them back to life! They look beautiful in your bathroom.

Missing Goat said...

oh sure, brag! I told you to take that orchid I had here - now i'll start to call you the orchid whisperer.