Wednesday, August 10, 2011

the baby's quilt (in her room!)

so, i haven't gotten around to taking any pictures of the nursery yet. i've been waiting for the drapes to be made and a lamp to arrive and be hung, but they are both delayed. what i really wanted to take a picture of is the quilt that i finished for her. i've been all over these colors lately and i'm so happy with how it turned out!


that was what i was going to post about on july 22nd, but i actually started to go into labour that morning and obviously had other things on my mind. that evening, our daughter was born! alice mae weighed 9 pounds, 2 ounces and was 22 inches long!


during our hospital stay (bc women's was amazing!) my husband had to come home to pick up some things and he excitedly wrote a welcome message for alice on a little chalkboard we had hanging on the nursery room door. neither of us realized that in his sleep deprived, new father excitement he forgot to include the letter 'c' in welcome. i thought it was sweet so we left it that way. 


it's been really wonderful so far, even with the lack of sleep. she is a little doll. the biggest adjustment for me right now is trying to find a little bit of time to catch up on emails, or brush my teeth, or even eat sometimes! but that's okay, i imagine soon enough we will both have a little more of a routine. and i already know how quickly this time is going by, so i just want to enjoy it. 

21 comments:

Pinecone Camp said...

Alice Mae is so adorable - I'm happy to have her as a niece! I love her room. I want her room. xo

Missing Goat said...

Oh, I've been waiting for this post.
glad life is so very perfect for all of you now. enjoy the sleepy moments.

anabela / fieldguided said...

Congratulations & welcome, little Alice! xo

mon ami said...

Congratulations and welcome Alice Mae! I'm always glad to have more Alices in the world.

Her room looks lovely and I think your colour choices for the quilt are perfect.

Enjoy the early days - as it sounds like you are.
Xo

Heather said...

Beautiful quilt, lovely nursery, and exquisite baby! Enjoy it all…

rhymeswithfun said...

your nursery looks so welcoming and sweet! congratulations on your new baby girl! :)

casey said...

congratulations! she is precious. and her room is amazing! the mobile is on my short list for our next child, and i love that bear print

Claudia said...

Since I already congratulated you many times (congratulations again!!!), I can now say something stupid : OMG, 9lb! As my obgyn told me, you have an awesome vagina!!! You rock my friend :)

And what a lovely room you have made for adorable baby Alice (I also have the red bear print).

And don't forget: 3 meals a day!!!

Big kiss xoxoxoxoxox

Diana said...

Kate, you should add baby room designer to your resume. It's gorgeous! And here I am sleeping in a regular old room, like a chump.

Alice Mae looks pretty adorable too! I can't wait to see her!

Anna said...

Congrats! She's adorable- love all that hair! And the name is wonderful. Alice is my mom's name and I'm a big fan of it.

leslie said...

kate. i am so happy for you and david ... and alice! i'm glad she's a doll. and i'm so glad you are wanting to enjoy every moment. you are right ... you soon will be in a routine and your teeth brushing and email responding can wait until then. welcome here, pretty alice!!

leslie said...

p.s. her room is perfect. and so is that quilt! where did you get the rug?

Jan | Poppytalk said...

So excited for you! Fun to see this post pop up on my reader today! Congratulations! She looks so sweet and her room, the best little room EVER! Love the quilt!

tamara said...

Congratulations! Alice is a beauty, just like her Mama. xx

kt said...

How wonderful! Enjoy every moment.

Sophie said...

What an adorable nursery!

Renice said...

congratulations on your sweet new babe. She is beautiful.

Christina said...

She is just beautiful. Congratulations. ; )

Kristin said...

what a soft & inviting room. congratulations on your girl. enjoy each moment, it truly does zoom by.

Elizabeth@doievenlikethis said...

Your nursery is so sweet. It is happy and soothing all at the same time.

Thanks for the inspiration. I am currently putting the finishing touches on ours.

Alyson said...

Congratulations a bit late!!! I was just thinking about you today wondering if you'd had your little one while Wolf was playing with the beaver you made him. Hope all is well! xoxo