Friday, February 3, 2012

and to all a good night.....


so......the year has been off to an interesting start round these parts. that's okay. things can only go up right?

we have embarked on the wonderful journey of sleep training as of last night and it wasn't quite as bad as i thought it would be. a few tears (but we can't handle the CIO method), lots of gentle words, back rubs, hand holding, soft kisses and some actual sleep! in the crib! for the baby! can you believe it? unless you are one of those people who are lucky enough to have that fabled, magical baby who loves to sleep in their crib all through the night from week 2, you will know how i feel today.

elated!!!! oh joy of joys!
have a great weekend!

7 comments:

leslie said...

xo for both you and alice.

Kristin said...

I remember that feeling well...the breakthrough is awesome and all the consistent sleep to come...priceless. You are helping to teach your daughter a valuable skill, well done, mama!

Pinecone Camp said...

Congratulations! I see a much perkier kate in the very near future. ;)

kristin said...

sleep! yay! we couldn't handle the CIO method either. i remember holding her hand thru the crib + then gradually making my way out of the room. but not before i fell asleep, too! waking up hours later with carpet imprint on my cheek :P

Beth said...

I'm so desperate for sleep..I have one-year identical girls waking at all hours...I've given up before even starting the training...with two babies at once..well, it's overwhelming..just trying to get through the nights with a bit of sleep. Hope it's going well for you..and, if you have any tips I'll be following along! About to order "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. I know what I need to do...it's just so hard to do it! Loving your blog and our two little Tiny Warbler owls in the nursery!

Pretty Mommy said...

Good work Kate! I never quite mastered the art of getting my girls to sleep on their own ;)

Jan | Poppytalk said...

oh my - congratulations - i never mastered it either - ha!